Business Registration in Dubai
Dubai is the largest and most populous city in the UAE. Dubai is a popular tourist destination and it is known for luxury shopping, nightlife and modern architecture. The Emirate of Dubai is also popular as a global business hub and cultural center of the UAE. Dubai’s economy is driven by diversified businesses like real estate, tourism, media, entertainment, transportation, gold trade and financial services. Dubai is also a major global transport hub for both passengers and cargo. Every year Dubai receives millions of visitors for leisure and business. Dubai is also the main exporter of all essential products to African countries due its proximity to the continent. The world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa is situated in Dubai.
About Dubai Free Zones
Dubai has around 30 free zones offering a wide range of options for company formation. Free zones in Dubai offers variable benefits for investors from across the world. The Emirate’s authorities seamlessly support formation of new businesses by constantly improving its commercial transparency and introducing business friendly regulations. Dubai Free Zones are equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and amenities. Businesses registering in Dubai free zones enjoy numerous benefits including exemption from duty and tax and flexible government policies. Furthermore, local sponsor is not required to set up a business in Dubai free zones.
Socprollect Business Consultants is a leading business set up consultants in Dubai with proven expertise in assisting entrepreneurs set up their businesses in Dubai mainland and free zones. Our services make the business registration process quick and easy. We take care of everything from verification of documents and applying for registration to business certificate collection. Our services also include assistance in finding facilities, Visa services, etc.
List of Free Zones in Dubai
- Dubai Academic City
- Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA)
- Dubai Science Park
- Dubai Car and Automotive City Free Zone (DUCAMZ)
- Dubai Design District
- Dubai Gold and Diamond Park
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- Dubai Industrial City
- Dubai International Academic City
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Dubai Internet City (DIC)
- Dubai Knowledge Park
- Dubai World Trade Center Free Zone
- Dubai South (DWC)
- Dubai Logistics City
- Dubai Media City (DMC)
- Dubai Maritime City
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centre or Jumeirah Lakes Towers Free Zone (DMCC/JLT)
- Dubai Outsource Zone
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
- Dubai Studio City
- Dubai Techno Park
- Dubai Development Authority (DDA)
- International Media Production Zone
- Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
- Economic Zones World
- Dubai Flower Centre
- Meydan Free Zone
- International Humanitarian City
Benefits of setting up business in Dubai Free Zones
- Permission for 100% foreign ownership
- Guaranteed tax exemption on corporate or personal income
- Exemption on corporate tax for 15 years
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital
- Zero customs duty for goods and services
- Business friendly environment and world class infrastructure
- Quick access to workforce
- Simplified laws and regulations
Types of Licenses
- Trading License: This is for businesses engaged in activities like buying, import & export, and selling of a limited number of commodities.
- General Trading License: This allows to trade all goods, except the banned products or products that require special approvals.
- Service License: This is for businesses involved in services like, consulting, accountancy services, management consulting, business consulting, etc.
- Industrial License: Industrial licensee can involve in manufacturing, packaging and processing activities.
- Freelance License: Freelance license allows individuals to offer services in their respective area of expertise.
- Social Media Influencer License: Social Media Influencer License allows to engage in social media marketing. Brands, agencies, platforms and professional influencers can benefit from this license which is approved by the National Media Council.
Process for setting up business in Dubai Free Zones
Setting up a business in Dubai Free Zones involves different phases of planning and decision making including preparation of comprehensive business plan, choosing suitable infrastructure, estimating required human work force, etc. In order to complete the business registration process, an entity should deposit the minimum capital mandated by the selected Free Zone, in a bank account in UAE. A company being formed may have either an individual shareholder or corporate shareholder or both. Shareholders are required to sign the documents in the presence of Free Zone officials.
Types of Business Entities
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – 1 individual or corporate shareholder
- Free Zone Company (FZC) – 2 or more shareholders
- Branch office of a UAE company or a foreign company
- Branch of local / resident company