The name Sharjah translates to “Rising Sun” and the city is third in size and population in UAE. Although Dubai is considered the hot destination for expats, Sharjah presents a more traditional and family oriented environment. It was listed UNESCO’s Arab Capital for Culture in 1998. Sharjah allows you to save abundantly on housing costs as the apartments are considerably affordable than in Dubai. Sharjah has many malls with all shopping brands for retail therapy enthusiasts.
Sharjah International Free Zone (SAIF Zone) lies adjacent to Sharjah International Airport, a few minutes away from Sharjah city, Dubai and other major UAE ports on the Arabian Gulf. It has excellent sea, land and air transport links. Its strategic location gives investors easy access to both east and west coasts. It has the distinction of being the world’s first ISO certified Airport Free Zone.
Sharjah Free Zone is the ideal hub for businesses which require a fast, efficient and hitch-free working environment. The zone is the perfect place for setting up companies in manufacturing, assembling, packaging, import, re-export, trade and value added activities.
Benefits of setting up company in Sharjah free zone:
- Companies within the SAIF zone are 100% exempt from all commercial levies, 100% exempt from corporate & income tax.
- The companies can be 100% foreign-owned with 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- Tax exemption for all import and export
- Free transfer of funds & stable currency linked to the US
- 24 hour hotline for equipment and provision of labour in cargo operation
- On-site workers accommodation
- Sponsorships & visas for all staff
- No restriction on hiring of 100% expat workers and economical wage structure
- 25 year lease, extended to a similar period
3 steps to setting up a company in Sharjah free zone:
SAIF zone offers a single window solution to all investor requirements making the process speedy and simple.
- Submit your filled documents to the Commercial Department.
- Receive your licenses, lease agreement and keys of your business facility from the Leasing, Licensing & Legal Affairs department.
- Receive your visa, ID cards from the Client & Investor Services department.
Company Registration in SAIF zone: A company incorporated in SAIF zone can be registered as
- Free Zone Establishment – A single person can establish an Free Zone Establishment in SAIF zone with a single shareholder
- Free Zone Company – A minimum of two people is required to operate this business with maximum of 5 shareholders.
- Branch of a company – Any company with its base in UAE can establish a branch in SAIF zone
- Branch of a foreign company – Any company with its base in foreign country can establish as branch here with the same name as the parent company
Licensing Options in Sharjah free zone:
Licensing in SAIF zone is very quick with license available within 24 hours of submitting the required documents. To enable maximum freedom, licenses are classified in to 3 types
- Trade License: This can be further classified as
- Commercial – This is applicable for import, export, distribution, consolidation, storage or warehousing of specific items as stated in the license requirements. A maximum of 3 similar product lines is allowed
- General Trading – This is a special type of commercial license for a large number of products
- Service License: All services unless restricted by the Federal or local authorities can get this license
- Industrial License: Manufacturing, assembling, processing, packaging, import of raw materials and export of finished product can apply for this license with clearance from SAIF zone Health & Environment department.
Business Facility Options in Sharjah free zone:
- Executive offices
- SAIF industrial park
- Prebuilt warehouse
- Jewellery workshop
- Temporary warehouse
- Container parking
- Labour accommodation
SAIF zone could be the perfect stage for setting up your business in Sharjah. The process is straight forward and simple, not to mention quite fast. In case of any clarification, please feel free to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist.